“FIT” (Fellows in Training) Stipend Program
- The proposed Fellows-In-Training (FIT) Scholarship sponsored by the Philadelphia Rheumatism Society was discussed in further detail and the following criteria was established:
- A travel stipend of $500 will be awarded to a 2nd year Fellow to attend an ACR or other CME Rheumatology meeting contingent on the 1st Year Fellow having attended 2 out of 3 of the Society’s meetings the previous year.
- The 2nd year Fellow must submit a letter of request to the Board which includes the name of the conference he/she will be attending, the dates, a meeting program and registration confirmation.
- The Head/Chief of the Division and Program Director must be members of The Rheumatism Society and are in good standing and dues up to date;
- The Program submits a certificate of attendance and a receipt for travel and hotel
- If the Fellow presents an abstract, the Society must be recognized in the presentation.